The Volunteer Center of the Triad strengthens our community by creating meaningful volunteer connections. We connect people, promote volunteerism, support nonprofits and build partnerships.
The Volunteer Center is seeking a Director of Programs and Community Engagement. This position reports to the Executive Director and assists the Executive Director in planning and implementing new programming. The Director of Programs and Community Relations oversees The Volunteer Center’s programming. Additionally, the Director works with nonprofit partners to recruit volunteers, lead volunteer engagement trainings, and plans and manages large-scale community service projects. The Director engages corporate partners in service opportunities large and small. Annually, the Director plans and implements The Volunteer Center’s largest community service event, the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service. The Director also assists in the planning and implementation of The Human Race, an annual run, walk, roll fundraising event for local nonprofits.
• Oversee Membership Program and recruitment of new nonprofit members
• Actively engage new Corporate Caring partners, with particular focus on new growth markets
• Work closely with the Community Relations Specialist to coordinate nonprofit member on-boarding, manage social media accounts including website, and provide content for monthly volunteer newsletter and other external communications
• Deliver training opportunities for nonprofit partners
• Plan and oversee Corporate Caring projects
• Plan and oversee opportunities in support of Reducing Hunger Through Service program
• Plan and implement Service-Learning Leadership Camp
• Assist Executive Director with new program planning and implementation
• Oversee MLK Day of Service, Membership Mixers, and Heart of the Community Awards
• Serve as a speaker and advocate for The Volunteer Center of the Triad and volunteerism in our community
Candidates must have a passion for nonprofits and volunteerism. Two to three years of experience in program management plus experience recruiting and managing volunteers. Have an appreciation for working in the nonprofit sector. Skilled in building professional relationships. Sense of humor is a must.
The ideal candidate for this position is a true “people person.” They love nonprofits and want to support their work. They aren’t afraid to reach out to make connections between nonprofit and corporate partners. A high-level of organization and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects
simultaneously comes naturally. The ideal candidate enjoys making things happen and isn’t afraid to put in the work.
This is a full-time exempt position to be filled immediately. Benefits include paid medical insurance for employee, generous paid time-off and a flexible schedule. Salary range is $42,000 - $45,000 depending on experience.
Please send resume with cover letter and three professional references to [email protected] with subject line “Director of Programs”